Saturday, September 7, 2013

Finding Inspiration Everywhere!

Good Morning everyone!  Sharon here.

Today I would like to share a layout that I made for my twin sister's and my birthday last year.  We celebrated our birthdays at Penn State when we went to visit my oldest daughter for the first time after she went to college as a freshman.  It was a very special weekend for many reasons, so I wanted to preserve the memories on a scrapbook page.

I always try to look around and find inspiration from different sources.  This time, I was paging through an "Artist's Cafe" magazine and saw a piece of art by Shelley Lane Kommers.  It touched me, not only because it was beautiful, but also because the accompanying article that she wrote about a childhood memory was very moving.

Here is her beautiful artwork that inspired my layout, entitled "Strawberry Park:"


If you want to see the article, check out page 144 of Volume 5 of  "Artists' Cafe" magazine.





Here is the photo that I wanted to use.  It was taken on my sister's camera by her husband.  I just love this picture of Karen and me!


I started with Kraft background:

 and knew that I wanted to used these Jenni Bowlin products that I had in my stash:


Next, I thought about it, and decided to change the butterflies to balloons because it was a birthday themed page.  I found a balloon on the internet that I used as a guide to make the rest of my balloons:



My balloon:



I m made a "bunch" of balloons using the Jenni Bowlin papers as seen above.  After adhering all of them to my page, I stitched the strings with  my sewing machine:


 I also spritzed the background with some moon shadow mist:

and here is my completed page:

and another close-up:


As you can see, it's really easy and fun to make a scrapbook page from inspiration found everywhere!!!!

Thank you for stopping by and visiting the blog today!




1 comment: