Thursday, June 13, 2013

Different ways of using the Prima – Julie Nutting Doll Stamps

Hi, it’s Gael here today and I’d like to show you a few different ways I use the Julie Nutting Doll Stamps by Prima.  Like many of us I just loved these stamps when they came out and couldn’t wait to get some so I could play with them.  Here are some examples of some of the fun ways I’ve found to use them.
The first example is the one that I’ve seen the most, which is to stamp the doll image onto various papers and then cut out the various parts and layer them.  A lot like the old paper dolls we had when we were little (or for the younger ones, your Mums would have had when they were little!!)


Another fun way to use these stamps is to stamp onto Shrink Plastic.  For this example I stamped the image using Stazon Black and then coloured it in using Tim Holtz markers.  Once this was complete I then shrunk the image using my heat gun.  I did find with the doll stamps the legs are so long and thin that they didn’t shrink very well, so I just cut them off.  Next time I would only stamp the body of the doll without the legs.


The last idea I had a lot of fun playing with.  This time I clear embossed the stamp and then coloured it in.  I started by stamping the image onto cardstock using the Embossing inkpad and then sprinkling over clear embossing powders.  I set the embossing powders with the heat gun and then using the Tim Holtz markers again, I coloured in the various sections.  I must admit it was a little tricky working out exactly where the clear embossing was but once I started it just seemed to come together nicely.  I was really happy with how this technique worked on with the doll stamps.


I hope this has given some different ideas of ways for using these fun stamps.  (Full layout examples below)




VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES
Cathy Dippolito
Dolores Schaeffer
Cindy deRosier
Marlene Murphy
Lesley Walker
Gael Spence
Sarah Routledge
Sharon Fritchman
Tanya Ham
Sheila Burns
Pam Callaghan


3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I have these stamps on my wishlist---great fun ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gael, you are so creative!!!! I love all of the ways you showed us how you used them, and I especially like your layouts! Thanks for sharing this with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gael, you are so creative!!!! I love all of the ways you showed us how you used them, and I especially like your layouts! Thanks for sharing this with us!!!

    ReplyDelete