Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Sketch and Template with Arrows!

Hi, this is Dolores and I have a sketch and template to share today the uses large arrows to accent your page.  The arrows give the background some interest and allow you to use multiple colors or patterned paper with ease.  I have two layouts to share using the template.  First is a vintage looking layout about the special things I recall of my Grandmother, thus my title "My Wish for Vintage Charm."


The arrow shapes here are reminiscent of quilt pieces and the intricate stitching my Grandmother did to create them.  I used a lovely kit by Sherwood Studio to create this page called Thriftique.  My second layout is a complete turnaround from the feminine to the masculine.  Here is a page with a picture of my husband hiking.


I rotated the template 90 degrees counter clockwise and got a whole different look.  Now use your imagination for a moment, don't those arrow shapes remind you of tire tracks from an off road vehicle.   This page was created using two coordinating kits from Sherwood Studio, they are Colorado Springtime and Colorado Springtime in the Canyon.  Living in Colorado and loving the outdoors I couldn't resist these two.  Here is the sketch of my page.


The template I created in PhotoShop can be downloaded at either of the two file sharing sites below.


MediaFire:  ds-template-21.psd


Have a great time scrapping those layouts.  Hope you enjoy the template!





6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 2 post on Jun. 19, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a great idea for patterned paper. I particularly love the vintage layout it all works so beautifully. Thanks for sharing, I am sure I will have a go with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous once again Dolores! I LOVE this w/the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this template! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous and versatile template! Awesome layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this design Dolores! I can see using this for some football photos of my son!! Love the chevrons turned arrows!

    ReplyDelete