Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Designer Showcase: Butterflies!

Who doesn't love butterflies fluttering on a scrapbook page? I love 'em! Maybe it's not your favorite but I think you will find these examples by our contributors great ways to use butterflies on your pages. Check out these great projects.


Cindy created these adorable cards with neat butterflies. Here is how she created them ...
"For the blue card, I punched out the three butterflies from scraps and
put them on a chalked background.  Details here:
http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/02/secret-agent-004113.html"

"For the yellow card, I used the punch to make a mask.  I used two
shades of ink to create a butterfly background paper.  Details here:
http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/05/national-scrapbook-day-wrap-up-part-2.html"
 
 
Nancy created this sweet. Notice how well the butterflies textures match the background texture. What is a nice touch. Also the blooms look so pretty to go along with the flying butterflies.
 Nancy's second page again shares sweet photos of her daughter along with butterflies and blooms.  The seem to be floating on the page in her example. I especially like her color palette she chose on her page.  Just perfect!
Marlene created this pretty card with a gorgeous butterfly. I like the black border around the butterflies and the title. That really ties the card together.
The butterflies in this next page by Marlene look great all embossed and set on the corner of the photo. The accents on her page go perfectly with the butterflies!
Marlene's third page features creating a butterfly out of butterfly paper. This is such a neat idea. Notice how she centered the butterfly within the other. The both seem be flying onto the page!
 
 

Here are two pages by me showcasing butterflies. The first one representing the "flying" that I was trying to do while the second represents my growth as a person.
 
 
Get out those butterfly papers, stickers, stamps and accents and add them to your next page. You will be glad you did! 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects everyone! Pam, I LOVE your 'Still Growing' layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the buttrfly projects here! All of them are beautiful! You are so right, who doesn't love butterflies?!

    ReplyDelete