Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stamp and Emboss

Hi everyone, Nancy here.  Today I decided to try a new technique.  You know I have used my masks to stamp before....today I decided to try embossing at the same time.  I began by spraying my mask with a bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
I then formed the sandwich for my Big Shot.  This step took a while....trying to figure out the right thickness to get a good embossing.  I ended up with the cutting platform tab 1, my mask, the paper, the rubber mat and then finally, the purple plate.  I didn't get quite as deep an emboss as I would have liked, but it worked.
 And, after a quick trip through my machine.....
I ended up with an embossed image with a hint of color.  I cut around the stencil to complete the look.

And here is my final project.
Prima Papers, flowers, butterflies, trims, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Melissa Frances resins

Hugs.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial Nancy! I totally didn't know you could do that. I really love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial... I have been trying to decide on buying a bigshot or bigkick and seeing this made me decide... I'm going for it, and I'm gonna try this! Your layout is adorable! TFS!
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab tutorial!!! TFS!!

    YOur layout is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique. Will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete