Monday, May 2, 2011

Heat Embossing with Mists

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share with you a fun technique using your favorite mists.  I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, but I am sure Shimmerz, Maya Mist, Mr. Huey...oh goodness, there are so many to choose from.  hee hee

For this technique you need to work fast, so have all your materials ready.  You will need your mist, a mask or stamp (for this I used a mask), your paper, embossing powder (I used clear UTEE) and a heat gun.

I began by covering my mask with mist.  You can do this in one of two ways.  Spray your mat with the mist and then add your mask, or mist directly onto your mask.  I chose the later.   With a stamp, you would definitely want to go with stamping into the mist.
Quickly place the mask ink side down onto your paper.
Remember I mentioned the working fast?  You will want to get the embossing powder on there as quickly as possible as the mist will be drying and absorbing into your paper.
Once the embossing powder is on the image, you can heat.  I love the cool watery texture you get with this technique.
I cut the image from my card stock and inked it up fairly well before adding it to my layout.  The embossed image makes a great resist.
I hope you have fun with your mists.


6 comments:

  1. I would not have thought to heat emboss with glimmer mist. It's a very cool look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea!!!
    I'll try!!!
    Thanks!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous idea Nancy! It gives me another way to use up that Utee I had to have. LOL

    ReplyDelete