Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leftover Coffee?

A while back I was sharing some misting techniques and mentioned how I often use a bucket filled with coffee filters to hold small objects to mist.  So, that got me to thinking....what to do with all the left over, multi-colored coffee filters?

I grabbed a few of my favorite dies in roundish shapes.  You could also use paper punches.

And cut two of each size and shape.  I used two different sets of dies for these flowers.  One in a scallop and one in a more traditional floral shape.

 
 I layered all the pieces and punched a hole through the center with my paper piercer.

I added a brad through the center of my layers. And then scrunced the flowers to form the desired shape.

If the color isn't quite right, you can always mist a little more.


Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea and they are so pretty! Thanx for the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, Thanks for such a great tip!!!! I really love how the flowers turned out they are so Beautiful:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh oh!!! great tip! Awesome aWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it, Nancy !
    Thanks for the tip ! xxxxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Check out my daughter's take on your flowers!

    http://mitralee.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-bonnet.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have GOT to try this. I need to go out and buy that kind of coffee filter. I have the wrong kind. Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial Nancy.

    ReplyDelete