Saturday, November 20, 2010

Special Guest Post By Libeeti!

Happppy Saturday! Today I am sharing a special post by Libeeti. She sent it to me a couple of weeks ago and I loved the ideas so much, I wanted to post them as soon as I could! She is going to show you ideas on how to hide undesired things on a photo! A lot of the time I have things in photos I wish weren't there, so this is great for me  ;) Please don't forget to visit Libeeti on blog here: http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/

Here is her great post:


When I looked at some of the layouts I made lately, I noticed that there's something in common for all of them - I used different techniques to hide undesired parts of the photos.I wanted to share with you those techniques.
The first one - tearing. This is the original photo: 


I didn't like all the dark area on the left upper portion of the photo, so I just tore it... And this is how it looks on the lo:



Naturally, tearing works great with vintage/shabby look, like on this lo.
The second one - scrub & paint
This is the original photo:


You see the completely strangers on both sides of the photo? I didn't want them to be part of my intimate family lo, so I just scrubbed them and then painted with white acrylic paint over them. Then I put flowers on one side and stamped journaling blocks on the other side.
Here are those parts on the lo:



And this is how the finished lo looks:


The third one - attach an image/embellishment  or another photo. For this one I want to show you two examples:This is the original photo:


I didn't want the bunch of people on the background and the black bag on the front - to show on my lo, so on the undesired bunch I put another small photo, and on the bag - a journaling spot (a chipboard). This is the relevant part:


And this is the finished lo:


See how those undesired parts just disappeared?
and the second example-
here is the original photo:


Eventhough I cropped the photo to my desired size, I still had a lot of 'white space', which I didn't like, so I attached the mushroom image, paper pieced, to fill in that 'white space'.
This is the relevant part of the lo:


And this is the finished lo:


I hope you find my post useful for you, and if so - please leave me a comment on this post, with a link to your blog. I'd love to see your interpretation and way to hide those undesired parts of your photos.
Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I've cropped, cut, and covered up, but don't think it would ever have occurred to me to tear the photos!
    Some peoples brilliance just blows me away!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing. I never know what to do with photos like that.

    ReplyDelete