Saturday, February 27, 2010

Embrace Negative Space Layouts

I for one love negative (white) space on my Layouts. I have the hardest time filling the page up to the edges. I get a feeling of calm from the naked areas on the page. You don’t have to stress over the creation of the negative areas on your page. Try to imagine imaging a complete Lo in the center of the page or even in one of the corners. The use of bold color can help in achieving a well balanced negative space LO. I tend to color my layout in a triangle. This gives me the feeling of balance and creates a flow across the page. The background paper does not have to be a solid cardstock. I use lots of different patterned papers for the backdrop of my negative space Los. You can use lots of sketches to create a negative space LO as well, even if the sketch was intended for a full page LO. Try duplicating the sketch on a small scale in the center or on one side of your background paper. There are so many different ways to achieve this favorite look of mine. I hope you’ll give it a try. Here are a few examples…







1 comment:

  1. All of your layouts are gorgeous Delaina! I love the bright colors, and am a big fan of negative space!

    ReplyDelete